the rules are…
1. the rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
3. at the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. ten years ago I was doing…
ten years ago i was attending oak park elementary school where i was obsessed with long division and i took second in both the spelling and the geography bee. i got out on the word “rigorous” and some question where the answer was “hurricane” and i went with “typhoon” respectively. in retrospect, i think i had decided that my knowledge of what a typhoon is was more impressive than actually winning the geography bee.
2. five things on today’s to to list…
1. go to class at 8:30, 9:30 and 5:30 (check)
2. write a concert report for my intro to music class. (check)
3. go to the batting cages and play tennis. (che… i’ve done half)
4. write a “rising down – the roots” review blog. (coming soon)
5. clean my room. this has been on my to-do list since i came back from guatemala. hm.
3. things i’d do if i were a billionaire…
i’d buy coffee for the person behind me in line every single day at every single coffee shop for the rest of my life. i’d also take trips with people who want to go places. like when someone says “i’ve always wanted to go to [blank].” “well lets make it happen. i’ve got a billion bucks. lets go.”
4. three bad habits…
1. i bite the skin around my fingernails. especially when driving between kc and manhattan. not much else to do.
2. when i pitch, i have a bad habit of overthrowing, not bending my back enough and leaving my arm up. this causes me to leave pitches high in the zone. this makes them one of two things: 1. a ball 2. a hit. then i get more frustrated, throw even harder, and make more mistakes. i think what i’m getting at: i have a bad habit of self destruction.
3. i have terrible posture. i blame my legs; they don’t fit well under most tables which means i need to stretch them to the side of the chair or slouch so i can tuck them under the chair. i was genetically destined to this habit, however, so i do not view it as a flaw.
5. five places i’ve lived…
1. sugarland, tx
2. nowata, ok
3. overland park, ks
4. manhattan, ks
5. monterrey, mexico (3 seperate trips)
6. five jobs i’ve had in life…
1. grocery sacker/cashier
2. hillcrest student intern
5. landscaper (sophomore year of high school i made some serious mistakes, and as punishment i re-did a portion of my backyard for my parents. i built a wall, filled it with top soil, and planted a tree. it looks great to this day.)
7. tagged ones…
i understand if you dont want to do this. dont feel obligated.